To enter the healthy zone you need to lose between xx and xx pounds of fat.
At your current level of lean mass, your goal weight would be between xx and xx pounds.
I also want to gain muscle mass. To learn the importance of increasing muscle mass, click here.
Join now to learn your metabolic rate (what is this?) and get your personalized exercise, nutrition and lifestyle plan with all the tools to track your success.
Welcome to the Body Fat Calculator by Unified Lifestyle!
Simply enter your information by answering the three (3) adjacent questions and press continue to instantly determine your body fat percentage and lean body mass total. On the next screen you will see what is your acceptable and healthy range according to your gender.
Your body fat percentage and lean body mass total are important numbers that provide an excellent gauge of your current health / potential risks. Please record the results and re-test yourself every four (4) weeks to gauge your success.
1. Use a soft tape measure to measure the circumference of your waist. Raise or remove shirt and measure on bare skin.
2. Stand up straight in front of a mirror and lightly relax your abdominal muscles.
3. Your waist is located at the top of your hip bone ( iliac crest ) however for simplicity and accuracy use your navel / bellybutton as the point of measurement.
4. Hold the tip of the tape at your navel / bellybutton and wrap the tape measure horizontally around your waist in line with your navel and parallel to the floor snuggly without squeezing your skin.
5. Record the date, time and measurement in a journal so you can accurately track monthly waist measurements for future reference and to gauge results.
A healthy level of body fat plays a vital role in maintaining human health. Body fat provides a concentrated source of energy, aids in the digestion of essential nutrients, protects organs, maintains body temperature, and optimizes brain function. The minimum amount of essential fat needed to sustain life and function for males is 4 , 7 for youth and 10% for females.
Athletic performance for adults is hindered when body fat levels dip too low Men tend to perform best between 8 to 12 % body fat, and women between 14 and 20%. Safe and healthful levels of body fat are sub 25% in males and below 32% for women. Individuals with body fat percentages above those numbers may be considered at risk.
Youth under the age of seventeen are measured unisex, with healthy ranging from 7 to 17 percent, acceptable 17.1 to 25% and at risk over 25.1%.
For adults of advancing years, contrary to popular belief... Gaining body fat / losing muscle is not a natural part of aging... it is a natural reaction to inactivity of a sedentary lifestyle.
The Unified Lifestyle™ Body Fat Calculator is an excellent tool to establish exactly what you are gaining or losing. How much you weigh is largely irrelevant, it is the percentage of body fat that matters. Most every athlete with a low body fat percentage will fail a Body Mass Index (BMI) test because muscle is a dense metabolically active tissue.
Alternatively crash dieting in pursuit of a low scale weight, often sacrifices muscle tissue, that lowers the metabolism and casues the body to hoard fat as a natural survival response to starvation. This almost always leads to excessive fat gain due to a slowed metabolism. Understanding the metabolic advantage of maintaining muscle and shedding excess body fat requires following a Unified Lifestyle™. Join now @ www.youngandmobile.com